Do Dog Walkers need insurance?

Your job may literally be a walk in the park, but like other pet care services, dog walking can be more risky than it appears. For one thing, you’re in charge of someone’s beloved friend or as they see it, their “baby” and that’s a big responsibility. You can’t control everything that happens on the street, in a park, etc., so as a dog walker, you have to be prepared for anything. 

A solid insurance plan is the foundation of that preparation, and getting this coverage is totally doable, starting at  just $16/mo.  There are four types of small business insurance coverages we recommend every dog walker consider:

  1. General Liability
  2. Property Insurance with Bailee’s Insurance
  3. Professional Liability
  4. Workers Comp


To save money, we recommend combining General Liability and Property Insurance in a Business Owner’s Policy.  These start at just $16/month, and typically includes the following types of limit amounts:

  • $1,000,000 per occurrence, up to $2,000,000 annually for bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, advertising injury, products, and completed operations
  • $100,000 annually for damage to premises rented to you
  • $15,000 per occurrence, up to $30,000 annually for pets lost, stolen, injured, or killed in your care
  • $1,000 per occurrence, up to $5,000 annually for vet expenses regardless of negligence
  • $2,000 annually for lost keys and re-keying of customers homes
  • $5,000 annually for medical expenses

To get started, visit us at